Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April Empties 2014

Welcome to the April addition of my trash empties!  If you don't know what an empties post is, it's basically where I show you what I used up over the month and what I thought about it.  If you use ALL of something, even if it's trial size, I feel like you have a pretty good opinion of the product.  So I'm going to show you the product, where you can buy it, and what I thought about it.  Ready? Here we go!!


First up is this Jojoba Charcoal facial scrub by Michael Todd True Organics. I received this sample from my Ipsy glam bag (you can sign up here) a few months ago.  I had heard a lot of hype about Michael Todd and his True Organics line and so I was excited to try it.  I will say this is a nice face scrub.  The scrubbing beads are not harsh, the smell is nice, and it's black so you really get the feeling that the active charcoal is doing its job.  Here is the link if you are interested in buying the full size it is $18.50 for 3.4 oz. I did like this product.  I probably would not purchase it for myself because there are other scrubs I like more. But this would be a special treat if you need a mother's day present for your mama!


It's a 10 miracle leave-in product is our next empty.  I have owned this for over a year.  It's a spray and leave in conditioner.  You apply it when your hair is wet and simply brush it through and style your hair as normal.  It's supposed to do 10 things instantly! 1. Repairs dry, damaged hair, 2. Adds shine, 3. Detangles, 4. Control frizz, 5. Seals & protects hair color, 6. Prevents split ends, 7. Stops hair breakage, 8. Creates silkiness, 9. Enhances natural body,  10. Flat iron spray & thermal protector. That's a LOT to promise out of one bottle but I can tell you I really like this product.  I do think it's helped my hair grow stronger and just generally seem healthier.  It's not a cheap product but it lasts a LONG time because you only use a little bit. You can buy it off Amazon here. But I will say I have seen it in CVS & I bought mine for cheaper from my stylist so ask yours about it! I am currently trying out a different leave in condition but I will most likely be repurchasing this product!


Next up is a shampoo from Suave Professionals. This is the sleek shampoo which is suppose to help with dry or frizzy hair. I loved this shampoo.  I don't think it worked any miracles for my hair but I do think it helped with my frizziness (is that a word?). It lathered well which I like and rinsed away easily. I will probably repurchase this product in the future.  It's not very expensive around $3 for 28 oz.  I'm sure there are more amazing shampoos but I did like this one!  Here is a link to Target's website if you want to see what all it claims to do! 


Up next is a Deep Cleanser with red clay by First Aid Beauty. I received this sample size through my ipsy bag (thank you ipsy for all the fun samples).  I absolutely LOVED this cleanser!!  The smell is very light and it seems to be gentle on the skin but really does get deep down and really clean the skin. I felt like my skin was clearer using this product.  You can purchase this online (here) or at your local sephora.  This is another that I don't think I would purchase for myself because it's $24 for 4.7 oz. But this would also be a great gift for some one that loves skin care! 



And last but NOT least are these makeup remover cleansing towelettes.  These are the Up&Up (Target) brand.  They are comparable to Ponds Clean Sweep.  I am a big fan of makeup remover wipes.  I feel like they help get off all the makeup so that my cleanser can do it's job and cleanse my actual skin! I have tried a few different ones but these have worked so well. They take off all my makeup, they don't irritate my skin, and don't burn my eyes!  I think they were pretty cheap (around $4?) and I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing these! Here is the link to Target's website where you can read about them but they are not sold online. 

Well that seems to be all I have emptied this month in the way of beauty.  I will be sure to add in any running related empties in the coming months too!

Disclaimer: I do NOT make any money for you clicking on these links.  They are just to help you find the products.  I will always give you my honest opinion and tell you if I'm being compensated for a link or product. 

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment