Monday, April 28, 2014

Busy but AWESOME weekend!

Have you ever had one of those weekends that was kind of crazy but in the end you think YES!  Life is so good!?  Yep that was me this weekend!


First I got up early (well early for a Saturday!) and went for a nice 4 mile run.  This is the second week in a row that I have run 4 miles (and also the second week I have done it without music) on Saturday and it felt really good to get out and stretch my legs.  Of course KT tape was applied and helped me accomplish this run!



Then Mr S had a birthday party to go.  They went to a place that has bowling and a giant arcade.  He LOVED this motorcycle ride and actually placed 2nd!  After the birthday party I dropped all 3 kids off at grandma & grandpas and so started Mr. J & my date day/night. We are so lucky that the kids have grandparents that love them (and us) enough to take them for a night once a month or so.  You would not believe what a night without kids will do for your marriage.  Even if we do nothing but sit on the couch and watch a movie.  It's just nice to be able to go do what we want, eat where we want, watch what we want and not have to worry about anyone but ourselves! 


You know I had to take a selfie!  This is currently one of my favorite scarves.  I bought it while I was in Cali and it's actually a Union Jack flag pattern!  Shout Out (do people still do those?) to all my UK peeps!  Like I said I'm a BIT UK obsessed! 


Our first stop was Bed, Bath, & Beyond but I didn't get a picture.  You know what it looks like. Lots of Bed, Bath & Beyond STUFF!  But our second stop was Barnes & Noble.  I hit up the running section while Mr. J went to the beer brewing books.  I saw this book and thought it looked interesting.  I must remember to put a hold on it at the library! To say Dean Karnazes is a Beast, is an understatement!  This year for the Boston Marathon he ran from the finish line to the start line (26.2 miles) and then did the race (another 26.2 miles) and he had amazing times both ways!  He is just amazing! 


Then we had to go to one of my FAVORITE places!!  ULTA!!!!!!  If you do not have an Ulta near you, I'm REALLY sorry!  Although you can order on line it's nothing like the experience of going into the store and drawing all over yourself with different make up and seeing how they hold up. In case you don't know, Ulta is a makeup & hair care type of place.  Think the makeup aisle but better!  Tons of high end and drugstore brands.  Just a great place to find anything hair or makeup that you could want! My hand actually looked exactly like this after I washed it too.  I had to use make up remover wipes to get it off.  Stilla isn't kidding when they say stay ALL DAY! 


Then we had a charity even to go to that night.  It was really fun!  Lots of food and drinks and just time being together.  We saw a few people that Mr. J works with and a friend from church so that was fun!  This was a 21 & over event so it was nice not to worry about kids!  We had a GREAT time! Another Selfie!


We finished off the night at Granite City.  We decided to sit in the bar and have a drink.  We also ordered an appetizer.  I wish I would have taken a picture because it was AMAZING!  They call it Idaho Nachos.  Basically it's nachos but make with waffle fries.  OH YUM!!!!  And of course I had to have my signature dirty martini with 3 olives.  YUM! We sat and talked for a good hour.  Just sitting close together in a booth, people watching and just generally enjoying being together.  We didn't have to hurry home to a sitter or for any reason so we just enjoyed! 


Then Sunday morning we got up and went to a local greenhouse (yes we skipped church we are heathens this week) to look at flowers and plants to redo some of our landscaping.  Then of course no weekend is complete without a trip to Lowes, so we ended up there.  I looked at the paint samples because I want to paint our front door this summer. I took this picture because I thought both of these are pretty colors.  Not sure if either is the RIGHT color for our door but I brought home 5 or 6 paint sample papers so we will see.  After Lowes we picked up our kids and life was back to normal.  I love our kids and I love when we are together as a family but it is SO nice to have Mr. J to myself!  Some times with 3 kids all very close in age you don't get a chance to talk TO each other.  You talk AT each other and it's usually instructions.  So this was a very much needed and loved weekend!

Questions of the day! (yes I actually want you to leave a comment and answer me!)
How was your weekend?  What do you like to do on date night? Do you find you want to repaint everything in your house while your at Lowes?

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment