Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easy & Tasty Smoothie

Today I'm going to show you a simple & tasty smoothie that I like to drink after I workout!  I know there are a million and one smoothie & protein shake recipes out there.  I'm not saying this is any different from any of them.  I just wanted to share with you one of the smoothies I make and love. 



Here are the ingredients that I use! A whole frozen banana, a nice scoop of peanut butter (about 2 TBSP), and depending on the day and workout either half a scoop or a whole scoop of shakeology or use whatever protein powder you like.  


Throw everything into your blender, or ninja, or whatever you like to use to mix things up and add water.  I usually use the maximum amount of water I can because I like a very liquidy (is that a word?) smoothie.


Blend until it's nice a smooth.  



Pour it into your favorite cup, glass, or mason jar!  I love using a straw so I throw one in and CHUG it down! I love having one of these after a workout or a run.  It's important to eat protein after a workout.  The protein helps build back the muscles that you just worked. The banana also helps get you potassium & that helps with not getting leg cramps!  I hope you try this and enjoy!

Question of the day!
What do you like to put in your smoothies?  What do you eat/drink after you workout?

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment