Friday, April 11, 2014

Somebody has a Case of the Fridays


YEP!  That's how my Friday morning started out.  I heard something that made my mind kick into over drive with worry and instead of praying and letting God deal with it I let my mind race.  And about 20 min later I was worked into tears.  So did I do what I usually do when I have a few hours of free time and need to clear my head? Nope, I didn't run (that is my usual go to!). I went to my favorite coffee shop!  I ordered this GIANT cup of coffee!


Why does it taste better out of a GIANT cup? And that tiny spoon?  I couldn't be upset!


Then I ordered a couple macaroons! I don't remember the flavors?  One was chocolate something and the other was macadamia nut something.  See how I remember all the details so you can feel like you were there with me?  That's what a professional blogger does! 

So while I was there I wrote in my prayer journal, listened to worship music, & read a few passages.  I wanted to share a few that came to mind in case you are having a bad day and need something to help you through!

1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all you anxiety on him because he cares for you."  I love that this verse uses that word ANXIETY!!  I struggle with anxiety all the time and this specifically says give it to HIM!  Not just because it will make you feel better but because He cares for you and doesn't want you to be upset!

Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  So no only does He care for us, He is the God of HOPE!! and he wants to fill you will JOY & PEACE.  And then you will overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit!  Just the thought of overflowing with HOPE makes me happy!  Joy & Peace & Hope it sounds like a great thing!  

I have to say I feel 100% better.  Knowing that I don't have to worry about anything.  Knowing that God has everything under control and His plans are WAY better than mine. I definitely feel His peace now! 

I have a few more verses He gave me but I'll save that for another day!  But these two especially spoke to  me and I pray that meet you where you are today! God loves you too and wants to give you joy & peace & hope too!

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment