Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Running on Empty



I started reading this book a few days ago and I can't put it down!  Mr.Marshall Ulrich has an AMAZING story!  Here is a link to his website and you can read more about him.  But I HIGHLY recommend that you get this book and be inspired. ESPECIALLY if you are a runner but I think everyone can relate to some of the struggles and feelings he has gone through.

I do want to share something that he shares in the book though.  He was asked to talk to a group of Navy SEAL recruits about endurance and his amazing running.  He put together "Ten Commandments of Endurance" but his friends like to call the list "Marshall Law". I want to share his "Marshall Law" with you because I feel like this could apply to not just running or an endurance challenge but really life in general!  So here they are!



1. Expect a journey and a battle
2. Focus on the present and set intermediate goals
3. Don't dwell on the negative
4. Transcend the physical
5. Accept your fate
6. Have confidence that you will succeed
7. Know that there will be an end
8. Suffering is okay
9. Be kind to yourself
10. Quitting is not an option

Questions of the day!
What are you currently reading?  Who inspires you?

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment