Monday, June 30, 2014

Running Recap 6/23 - 6/29

It's time again for another weekly running recap.  This week was a bit crazy as Mr. J & I prepared to go on vacation and celebrate our anniversary! But here is a quick recap of how my week in running went!


My week started with my usual 4 mile run with Kellie.  When we set out the sky was looking a little dark and we kept hearing thunder. We never saw lightening and when it was time to decide to go for 4 or go back at 3 it was still looking ok outside so we went for 4.  As soon as we hit mile 3 the rain decided to start coming down.  At first it was a nice sprinkle and felt good while we ran. But soon it was a torrential downpour so it was more like a race to get the 4 miles in and get home.  By the time I got back to Kellie's house this is what I looked like! That is NOT sweat! I was dripping wet from head to toe! But we got our 4 miles in and it felt good!!



On Wednesday I did a speed workout and had just enough time to run, shower, and hop in the van to go get an oil change. So I have NO pictures but here is what I ran! I did a nice 2 mile easy warm up. Then I got to work! I did 3 x 1 mile repeats with times of 9:45, 9:42, & 9:22.  I'm really happy with these times.  I'm especially happy that I got negative splits (I got faster each mile) and I was out in full sun and heat so I know I was working hard. I finished up with a nice 1.3 mile cool down.   This run made me very happy!






On Thursday's schedule was a nice easy 3-4 mile run.  I didn't have time to go outside so I just grabbed 3 easy miles on the mill.  Slow easy miles on the mill are hard for me because I just want to get them over with, but I'm trusting my coach and the process.  And running inside is always gets a good sweat going!



 My usual Saturday morning long run had to be moved to Friday morning before Mr. J and I left for Michigan.  So that meant getting up and hitting the road by 6:30a so that I could get my 8 miles in before I had to be home and  load up and get on the road.  This is my before picture.  Even though it was 6:30a I was really happy that the temp was cool and I was going to get to stretch my legs.  Part of the country that I run in is becoming a subdivision. Last Saturday this was just a field and this Friday you can see the big earth movers. I had to stop and take a picture because the sun looked so cool and I just couldn't believe how fast things change.



And there is me after! 8 slow miles and I got home just in time to get some breakfast and hit the road! 

My mileage this week was 21 miles! I'm really happy with that and I'm excited to see what this week holds!  Hope you had a GREAT week!!

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment