Sunday, June 22, 2014

Running Recap 6/16 - 6/22

Happy Sunday!!  I know I usually write my recap on Saturday but this week has been a bit nutty!  So here we go!!





My first run of the week was a nice easy 5 mile run with Kellie.  Last year we ran together every Monday night and it was really nice.  We don't really talk while we run but it's good to have a change of scenery and be out with another runner.  The sun was warm but her neighborhood has a decent amount of shade and it just felt good to be running together!


Next up was a tempo run on Thursday.  I tried a new route so I wouldn't have to cross a busy road.  I love running on country roads!  Although this road did turn out to be a little more traveled than I thought I was able to run my 3 tempo miles pretty easily!  I also figured out where the peacock lives!  There happens to be a wildlife preserve/farm on this road and heard him calling when I ran by.  I'm glad to know I wasn't hearing things last week! 


My hair is looking a little crazy in this picture because I tried to put it in pigtails.  It JUST barely reaches with the help of some bobby pins!  But it makes for a funny picture!  OH WELL!!

And this is where the week got a little crazy!  Our cat decided to run away from home.  I know that sounds like a lame excuse for not running but when he finally came home it was 2 am on Friday night (Saturday is my usual long run). Well by the time I coaxed him inside, checked him over, and got myself calmed down it was nearly 3 am.  It then took me another 2 hrs to wind down enough to sleep.  So 5 am bed time for a 7 am run was not happening.  Kellie had told me earlier in the week that she was doing a trail race on Sunday called the Waterfall Run.  I originally didn't want to do it but with the whole no long run thing, I figured a 10K trail run would be better than nothing!  So I signed up Saturday afternoon for a Sunday (8:30am) race!


I usually try to eat healthy and especially on race day but today I went all out!  A gf cupcake and a coffee for breakfast! I was REALLY excited about my gf cupcake!  I shoved a ridiculously big bite in my mouth and then started singing the song "I'm so fancy".  I felt real fancy! LOL


As soon as Kellie and I pull into the state park that the race was being held at we see this sign?!  Um, what the world have I gotten myself into?!  There was also a very very small trail near here that lead down to a very swollen rushing river.  I started praying that there would be no water crossings!

The trail ended up being a little muddy but not too bad.  There were 2 water crossings, one was by the waterfall and there was no way to avoid getting your feet wet.  The other was just a small stream that was easy to jump across.  I'm not usually a trail runner but I was really happy I did this race!  I loved the quietness of the woods and running on trails is WAY different than the road.  The best part was towards the end I caught up with a lady that said she was going to take the last bit of the race easy (this part was on the road but had 2 HUGE hills) so I said I would pace with her.  Bless your heart Connie a 10:20 pace is NOT easy!  But she talked to me the whole time and got me through those big hills without much struggle.  I even had enough in the tank to take off and finish strong! I finished my second 5k 3 minutes faster than the first!  


 I got a little muddy and I also got my FIRST blood blister! I may not run a lot of trails but I'm SUPER happy I ran this one!

Yeah this 10k was a little more than that, but I'm ok with that!  I'm happy with my time and mileage!  It was a good running week despite having a minor procedure done Tuesday and the crazy cat fiasco on Friday.

Question of the day!
Did you run this week?  What was your favorite run of the week?

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment