Wednesday, June 4, 2014

May Empties 2014

It's that time of month again, NO! Not THAT time of month.  The time of month where I show you my trash! I mean, empties!  Each month I throw in a bag all of the products I have used up and then show them to you.  It's a good way for me to tell you what I like and don't like.  If you have used a product all the way up you probably have a good idea if it works or not.  So here we go!


First off we have my favorite powder! This is the Rimmel Stay Matte powder and I got the color translucent. This powder is great!  I apply mine with a brush and it's not cakey or thick.  It's light but yet sets everything to a nice matte (but not too matte) finish.  And at around $5 you can't beat the price! I have already repurchased this product!


Don't adjust your screen, this is a mini bottle of hairspray!  This is the big sexy hair weather proof hairspray.  I got this sample in my ipsy bag and I used it all.  I will say, I wasn't impressed with it really.  I think it's supposed to give you a light, moveable hold but I felt like it was nothing.  I didn't feel like it held my hair at all. I was NOT a fan of this hairspray and with a price of around $20, not worth it in my opinion.


Next up is the NYX HD photogenic concealer in the color light.  The bottle says "Good for all skin types and softens lines. Its light diffusing effect is perfect for photos in the studio or for taking fun pix with your pals!" This was a nice liquid concealer. It went on smoothly and was easy to blend out.  It didn't give me the coverage I was looking for to cover up my dark circles (still searching for that) but on blemishes and extra red spots it was good.  I bought mine for around $5 at Ulta! I am currently trying out a few different concealers in my pursuit of dark circle coverage but I would repurchase this!


I have been trying to wear my hair more natural lately (insert me being lazy). So I have been getting out of the shower, towel drying my hair, and then putting in some mousse.  This one is by Aussie and it's called Catch the wave!  It's supposed to be a mousse and leave-in conditioner in one. The bottle says it's flexible hold and I would for the most part agree.  I usually use a big handful so a few spots in my hair get a little crunchy (which I don't mind) but for the most part it just helps my hair's wave get a little more defined. I am currently trying out a different mousse but would repurchase this!


Here is a super exciting one! Multipurpose solution for my contacts.  I buy the cheap up & up brand.  I think it does just as good of a job as any and it's about half the price!  I usually buy these in a two pack for around $9.  I purchased a different store brand this month but I will use up & up again!


This product I am having trouble finding in stores! I may have to just order on line because I really do like it!  This is the St. Ives Timeless skin, collagen elastin moisturizer. It says it "visbly reduces appearance of fine lines & wrinkles".  It says it's dermatologist tested and non-comedogenic.  I found this moisturizer through a friend (Hey JODIE!) and have LOVED it!  I bought mine at Walgreens for around $6 for a 10oz bottle, which is a lot of moisturizer! The only thing I don't love is it doesn't have any spf in it. Other than that, I found this to go on smooth and sink in quickly without a residue.  I really liked this for my night time moisturizer where I could really slather it on and let it soak in overnight. I will definitely be repurchasing this product to use mostly at night. Now that the weather is turning warm I don't tend to wear foundation (so no extra spf). I am currently trying a new moisturizer with spf in it for the summer so I will let you know how that goes!

I hope this was helpful for you and maybe you found a new product you want to try!

Question of the day
What product have you used up this month that you MUST repurchase ASAP?

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment