Saturday, June 14, 2014

Running Recap 6/9 - 6/14

I can't believe it's the middle of June already?!  How did that happen?! Here is what my running looked like this week!





First a little sneak peek of our family pictures!  That's me and Mr. J (obviously!). Mr. S is on the chair with Mr. D beside him.  And our sweet princess Miss V is on the trunk!  I love this picture!  I love my husband!  And I love my family!  I'm so blessed by them!

On Monday I did some speed work on the treadmill! No pictures because I didn't think about it until after I had showered and was sitting on the couch. Blogger fail!  Oh well.  I got in 4.5 miles doing a Fartlek style workout. Did you laugh at the word Fartlek? It actually means speed play in Swedish!  There is your trivia for the day! Go and impress your friends!



Tuesday was 3.12 slow & steady miles.  I was blessed that Mr. J came home early and I was able to go outside!  It was the perfect evening for a run! Nothing too excited to report other than I'm PRETTY sure I heard a peacock?! Hmm a peacock in suburbia!? Hey!  I heard what I heard!





Next was my shake out run before my race on Saturday.  So Friday I got dinner ready and then headed out for a nice slow, easy 3.13.  I tried to just relax and get myself ready for the race.  Exciting part of this run?  I had to "pull over" for a police car!  He was FLYING at me with lights blazing and this particular stretch of road didn't have a very big shoulder so I just stopped and took a few big steps back into the grass.  He flew by and was on his way to help someone!



Mr. D wanted to run a little warm up before the race. So I sent him out on the course.


This kid is hard to get a picture with.  This is the best I could do! I was still bundled in my sweatshirt because it was a chilly morning!


A few stretches before the run!


Time to toe the line.  This race offered a 1 mile fun run for the kids.  


They awarded everyone with a finisher ribbon.  They also gave out trophies for the top 3 girls and top 3 boys.  Guess who finished 3rd?!?!  Oh I was so proud that I cried.  He couldn't stop drinking his water for a quick picture but that's him after his race with his trophy!


There I am back home after my race.  My race was a 5k (3.1 miles) but it was English style cross country.  Basically this means you run on grass for most of the race and jump a few hay bales. I had hoped for a PR for this race.  My goal was 31 with 32 being ok.  I ended up finishing with a time of 32:09.  I pushed myself as hard as I could and gave it my all.  I even had a nice kick at the end to pass a girl I had been chasing for awhile.  I originally was disappointed with this time because it wasn't the 31 that I had in my head. BUT two things changed my mind.  One, I gave it my all!  I pushed and pushed and ran my heart out.  I honestly don't think I could have done anything differently to make myself go faster.  And two, I looked at my time from last year, 34:54.  I was almost 3 minutes Faster than last year!  I was almost a minute per mile faster than last year.  My bib (from last year) said 11:14 ave and my time from this year says 10:22 ave.  I will take that! 

All in all I'm proud of the work I've put in and am ready to put in more!  My sights now switch to a race in July called Runners on Parade. This is a very flat & fast course.  If I have any chance of getting a sub 30 min 5k this year, this is the race!  It's time to buckle down and ramp up! 

Love, Lacey



No comments:

Post a Comment