Friday, June 20, 2014

Happy 11th Anniversary Mr. J!!



On June 21, 2003 Mr. J & I said I do in a little stone church. The weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! This is my absolute favorite picture from our wedding.  I just love how fluffy my dress looks and how relaxed Mr. J looks.  I just can't believe this was 11 years ago! Who are those kids getting married?!



We had a wonderful honeymoon in Playa del Carmen in Mexico. This was one of our dinners out. We had so much fun minus tropical storm Bill that gave us torrential downpours for the last few days of our trip. 


Before we had kids we loved to take weekend trips together.  One year we got to go down to Indianapolis for the Brickyard 400.  We had the most amazing seats and went with some super great friends! It had to be the hottest day EVER and I have never sweat so much in my life but we made the best of it!



We also went to a LOT of weddings.  You know when you are in that stage of life when ALL your friends are getting married?  We went through that too.  This was a wedding in Minneapolis, MN.  Despite Mr. J's face I think it's safe to say we both had a lot of fun!



In 2008 we took a day trip to Chicago to meet a wonderful friend of mine. At the time we only had the boys and it was wonderful weather and great friends to share it with. There's Mr. J & I on Navy Pier!



Then we had Miss V and our sweet family is complete! This is picture was from a family vacation to Tennessee in 2010.  We were at the Ripley's Aquarium. We actually used this picture for our Christmas cards that year.  We had an awesome time on this trip and I loved spending time with Mr. J & his family. 



I absolutely love this picture.  This was from a friend of ours wedding reception. They had the most amazing reception & location.  We sent the kids to grandma's for the night and danced the night away.  We just both look so happy in this picture and it makes me happy every time I see it!



I love this picture too!  Last summer Mr. J's boss and his wife went with us to a local baseball game.  I'm not a huge baseball fan but it was fun hanging out with them and enjoying the weather!


And last but not least this picture was taken just a few weeks ago during our family pictures. I'm not usually a fan of myself not smiling.  I usually think I look mad or upset or something.  But this has to be one of my favorite pictures.  I told my friend that I feel like I look happy and safe and content and loved and just all the emotions I feel when Mr. J holds me.  I LOVE this picture!  

Happy Anniversary Mr. J!  I can't believe it's been 11 years!  We have certain had our ups and downs but I'm so glad that we stuck together and fought for our marriage.  I can't imagine anyone else I would rather be with.  You are my rock, my love, my encourager, and protector.  I love you more today than I ever have and I can't wait to see what the next 11 years bring!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment