Monday, February 24, 2014

Breaking up is hard to do


Dear Bathroom Scale,

We have been together for so long I'm not even sure where to start.  I guess I should first start by saying it's not me, it's YOU!  For many years I have trusted you to tell me how to feel about myself.  It didn't matter if I felt healthy, strong, and thin, if you told me the wrong number I felt fat, weak, and worthless.  But guess what?  NO MORE!!  You will not control my life.  I'm tired of being told that the number on you defines who I am.  Or worse how I feel! If I put on a pair of shorts and feel good in them, I refuse to let you tell me that I shouldn't wear them.  If I put on a pair of jeans that make me feel beautiful who are you to tell me I'm not?!

So here is the deal.  After today we are through!  I may ask you ever now and then (maybe once or twice a year) how I'm doing but otherwise I'm going to trust myself and my clothes to let me know if I'm slacking.  I can't believe I let you made me feel bad about myself for so long.  So go hide in the closet and sulk if you must.  But get out of my sight!  I'm over being told who I am based on a number.  I am SO much more than a number! And I have so many more important things to worry about than what you say! 

Never to worry about you again,

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment