Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve Cookies

Let's be honest here, some times being gluten free (gf) SUCKS!  And not in a "well I shouldn't really eat that but I will anyways" type of way in a "If I eat that I'm going to feel like death and want to throw up for the next 6 hours" type of way.  So you can see how I would try to avoid gluten at all costs! I told Mr. J yesterday that I would rather have the stomach flu than eat gluten because at least with the stomach flu you throw up and feel better.   So the other day I wanted cookies in the worst way but had no gf flour.  Then I remembered a friend of mine had told me about making these flour less peanut butter cookies.  So I looked it up and found this link. It looked easy enough!  I mean 5 ingredient cookies can't be too hard.  So I whipped them up.  I took pictures cause I KNEW you all would be dying to see! 


The 5 ingredients are things almost everyone has in their house!  1 cup peanut butter, 1 egg,  1 cup sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla & 1/2 tsp baking soda.  You could use any peanut butter you have.  I have creamy Jiff!  YUM!


oh hello pink cell phone

You throw everything in a bowl and use a hand mixer to mix it up for a couple minutes till it all comes together.  



Now for the part that I lost the plot and got crazy!  You are supposed to take a teaspoon and scoop out little balls and put them on your baking sheet.  But I took a GIANT ice cream scoop and used that.  I literally only got THIS pan!  They were HUGE!!!  Next (and the part I forgot to take a picture of) you take a fork and kind of flatten the cookies out.  Press them down one way and then the other to create a sort of hatch pattern!  Then sprinkle the cookies with a little more sugar.  Nothing crazy just a little sprinkle will do!  Then throw them in the oven for 11-13 min (I did 11) at 350 degrees.  The cookies will NOT look done!  Don't worry they will finish cooking on the tray.  You want to leave them sit on the tray for about another 2-4 min. Then gently take them off the tray and let them finish cooling on some wax paper on your counter.  


This is one of the GIANT cookies I made.  My hands look tiny compared to this monster! I probably wouldn't make them this big again.  You don't feel so bad only eating one cookie but in reality you probably ate 3 or 4.  So for my waistline sake I will need to make them smaller next time.  But I will say these cookies are pretty good.  Mr. J & the kids like them too!   These cookies would be great to take to a party or cookie exchange.  Try them out!  If you like peanut butter you will like these!!  

Do you want more cooking or baking posts?  I'm thinking of trying more gf meals that way we all can eat them.  I thought it would be fun to find something on Pinterest and try to make it.  Of course I'll take pictures and show you.  It might turn out good, bad, or ugly!  Can't wait to share some yummy eats with you!  Let me know if you find something you want me to try!  

Love, Lacey


No comments:

Post a Comment