Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pink Ribbon Run 2014


This past Saturday Kellie & I ran a 4 mile race called the Pink Ribbon Run.  As the name would imply it was to raise awareness and money for research for breast cancer.

If you have followed my blog for any amount of time you may remember me mentioning that my grandmother had breast cancer.  But I don't think I ever mentioned that Mr. J's grandmother passed away in 2011 from cancer that had returned from breast cancer.  Her mother (Mr. J's great grandmother) also passed from breast cancer.  So breast cancer is something that is near and dear to our hearts.



I was more than excited to do this race!! (That's me with my arms in the air!)  I have been working with a running coach recently.  That still sounds super weird to say! I'm not a fast runner, a professional runner, or anything close.  I'm not trying to make the Olympic team, or even win a race! I'm simply trying to get better and faster! But my coach has been making me slow down and take my easy runs, EASY! I talked to him and he said that I could "race" this race but then I needed to go back out for another EASY 2 miles.  So I set my pace on my watch to 11 min miles (I told you I wasn't fast!) and set out to eat some miles!



I had so much fun at this race. Kellie and I stayed together for the first 3 miles and then I told her I was leaving her. I sped up a little from mile 3 to 3.5 and then just started to turn it on and pick people off.  By mile 3.9 I turned on the burners and FLEW!  I had one lady between me and the finish line and I wanted to beat her.  I definitely did! I finished the 4 miles in 43:07. Not too bad for taking it easy.



We will definitely do this race EVERY year! I will run for those who can't!


I LOVE my after race banana! And this pic was after we did all 6 miles!!  We were feeling good and happy to be done!



And that's me in BEAST mode!  I was so happy to eat those 6 miles I was ready to take on the world!

QUESTION OF THE DAY!  
What is a cause near and dear to you? Are you competitive?

Love, Lacey






No comments:

Post a Comment