Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day 2014


There is nothing I could say to tell those who are serving, have served, or paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country, just what they mean to me. I come from a very military family. My dad was in the Army, my Grandpa in the Navy, My brother is currently a Marine, and many more that served in some branch or capacity. My Grandpa told me one time we have had someone serve in every conflict since WWI I think is what he told me! So to say that I bleed red, white, & blue is not an understatement.  I can't watch (or even think about) those coming home videos you see so often on the news where a mom or dad surprises their family.  I'm teary eyed just thinking about it.  My brother has served 3 tours in Iraq & Afghanistan and each time we were blessed to have him come home safe. I know so many other families are not that lucky. My heart breaks for them. The men and women who have given their lives for our country are true heroes! Those men & women that came home injured, either mental or physically, are true heroes.  I know it's easy to celebrate Memorial Day weekend as a fun start to the summer.  A great 3 day weekend to go to the lake! But take a few minutes and pray for those families that aren't able to grill out with their son.  The family that isn't able to walk their daughter down the aisle.  The families that so willingly send their loved ones into harms way, trusting that God has a plan better than theirs. Bless our military and their families this Memorial Day. Thank you all for your service, dedication, and humility. And to those that paid the ultimate sacrifice . . . thank you doesn't even begin to say what I feel. But thank you! And to those families of the fallen, your son or daughter, brother or sister, mom or dad, grandma or grandpa, did not die in vain.  Their are plenty of us out there that understand that freedom doesn't come for free and that we are blessed to be protected by our amazing military.

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment