Friday, January 3, 2014

Small Reminders Daily

A few weeks ago I wrote this post about not fat shaming ourselves.  About loving ourselves for who we are and finding beauty and strength in our bodies.  For Christmas a dear sweet friend of mine gave me this necklace.



It's a little hard to see but it's a brass bead with writing on it.  You can buy different beads with different things written on them but mine says BEAUTIFUL.  I wanted to cry when I got it.  It was the perfect reminder that not only do I need constant reminders to find myself beautiful but that God thinks I'm beautiful! Psalm 45 says "Let the king be enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord." And while I'm pretty sure in this verse they are talking of an earthly king, the SAME goes for our Heavenly King. He is enthralled with our beauty. And I don't mean just our physical beauty, the beauty that is inside and out.  He made every piece of us.  Psalm 139:13 says "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb."  God has known and loved us since before the beginning of time; but he handmade each of us in our mother's womb. What an amazing thought.  That the God that created the entire universe, that made giant things like mountains, and the moon, and the sun, used His powerfully mighty hands to knit me together.  That just blows me away!  If he thinks that I'm beautiful and worthy to be knit together by His amazingly powerful hands, who am I to tell Him (or myself) anything different?

What are you doing to make yourself feel beautiful today? How are you doing not talking down to yourself? 

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment