Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving Recap

K & I at our Thanksgiving Morning Run


What a GREAT Thanksgiving!  K & I started our day off with our annual Galloping Gobbler race.  It was a balmy 23 degrees, with 8 mile an hr wind & a 30% chance of snow! Our local running company had a promotion that if you got your picture with the live turkey in front of their banner you got a special offer! So obviously we had to do that!   I even pet the hen after we got done!  By the way she was soft and sweet! Although she looked a little creepy at first! I worried about the safety of my eyes!  So after our party with the turkey, K & I got ready to run.  And run we did!  We both got a PR (personal record!).  I was VERY happy with 44:30 on a hilly 4 miles.  I'm not a fast runner but I do love it!

My outfit of the day!

So after our race I came home and got ready to head to my in-laws!  I wore some black leggings from Walmart ($8!), a burgundy bat wing top also from Walmart ($5 on clearance!), a brown & gold scarf from who knows where cause I've owned it so long.  And some brown riding boots from Kohls ($60 about 2 years ago!) For hair and make up I went minimal.  I was so comfy but looked great! So I asked Mr. J to take a picture & then we were off!


View from my in-laws house




Normally I would now insert a picture of my food but I have two problems.  One, my food was not that exciting!  Being gluten free & dairy free there wasn't a lot of the normal Thanksgiving food.  And Two, I just completely forgot!  By the time we ate I was STARVING!! But I did include a picture of the field behind my in-laws.  If you look on the left side of the picture by those bushes, those little dots are actually black Angus cows!  I just love the country.  I love taking a walk around their property because it's so quiet and the view is great!

All in all it was a successful Thanksgiving!  We all ate till we were stuffed!  A few even took naps (wish I was one!).  And at the end of the night we came home, put the kids to bed, and then Mr. J and I watched "Christmas Vacation".  We love that movie and it's always our first Christmas movie of the season!

And just in case you were wondering I didn't really go black Friday shopping.  I woke up not feeling so well so I slept in a bit and then headed to our local running store for some good deals!  I'll try to post tomorrow my super cute jacket! But for now it's time to put up the tree!!

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment