Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A rough time



I'm sorry I have been MIA lately (I feel like I have said that a lot lately). But our family has had a very sad loss and I think we are all feeling a bit (insert an emotion here because I can't even describe what I'm feeling).

My sweet nephew went home to be with Jesus almost two weeks ago.  We had the blessing of going to the hospital and saying our goodbyes.  But how do you say goodbye to someone knowing you won't see them again this side of heaven? Holding that sweet boy and talking to him about heaven and how much we love him was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Then last week we walked through the funeral.  They really shouldn't have to make caskets that small.  I kept looking at my brother-in-law & sister-in-law and wondering how you survive something like this.  Praise God that He sent another sweet son for them just a month before but we also grieve for that sweet boy who will never know his brother.

We have found some good things to come from this and I'm sure we will continue to feel blessed through this loss but it is still pain non the less.  We are not sad for him.  He is running, jumping, dancing, talking, eating & being a happy 5 year old in heaven. We are sad for us.  Those left here not being able to see his ALWAYS smiling face. I'm sad for Mr. S who loved watching Spongebob with his cousin.  I am thankful that he taught my kids so much about disabilities and what it means to love someone no matter what.

God is good even through this loss and very rough time. We continue to pray our way through this and pray daily for my brother-in-law & sister-in-law. Thank you God for the 5 1/2 years we had with this sweet boy.

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment