Saturday, July 19, 2014

Running Recap 7/14 - 7/19

Hello!!  It's time for my running recap of the week!  I'll share some pictures and maybe a few stories!  Here's how my week running went!



I always run 4 miles on Monday with Kellie! Unless someone is sick or one of us is out of town we will run together!  It's a standing date and I love it.  It started raining as I was pulling into her driveway this week so you know what we did?  We got wet!  We set out for 4 miles and it rained for about the first 2.  And it actually felt pretty good! 


On Wednesday I asked Mr. J to come home from work on time, since he has been working late on a job, so that I could run.  I set out for between 4 and 5 miles and around mile 4 I felt really good so I just kept going and finished 5 miles right as I passed our house! I ran a little path through our subdivision and saw about 10 rabbits.  One was the cutest baby bunny EVER!! 


Have I ever mentioned how I am NOT a morning person?! I literally had to drag myself out of bed this morning for my run.  I made some gf waffles and ended up burning them.  Thank goodness not bad enough for the smoke alarm to go off, which happens regularly in our house, but they had a nice char on them. At least I had coffee! You can tell by my face how excited I was to get out there.



But then I got there! The first mile wasn't great! I kind of drug myself through it.  But then I found my groove and started to really settle in and get the miles done.  Before I knew it I was at the turn around to head back towards home. I had such a great morning of praying and just checking out the beauty around me.  One house I ran by had a rooster out in the driveway telling everyone to wake up.  I wanted to take a picture but I was worried he would try to chase me. If you don't know roosters can be very mean! But he was really pretty and it was fun to hear him crow as I ran. I have to give God the glory for giving me the ability to run.  And the ability to see the beautiful earth around me. 

I hope you got out there this week!  Did you run?  How many miles did you get?!

Love, Lacey 

No comments:

Post a Comment