Friday, July 18, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag July 2014

It's time again for me to share with you what I got in my Ipsy bag this month.  If you don't know what Ipsy is, it's a monthly subscription service that is $10 a month and each month they send you a little make up bag with 4-5 products.  If you are interested here is a link

Let me start off by saying this has to be my LEAST favorite bag that I have gotten.  I have been subscribed to Ipsy for just over a year and I don't always love everything but I normally love most of it or at least a few things.  This time I am not a fan of most of it and I am disappointed!  I will share with you what I got and tell you what I think so far!



Here is the make up bag that all the products came in this month.  It is actually a very bright neon pink color. It feels like a water resistant fake leather.  It's a good size bag. It would be perfect for in your purse! I do think I will be using this again. 


First up I got the Pur-lisse pur-protect essential daily moisturizer with spf30.  This product is nice.  It has a  nice consistency. It smells slightly of sunscreen but it isn't overly strong. The only reason I'm disappointed with this product is that I received the same product minus the spf two months ago.  I'm picky when it comes to moisturizer so I'm not sure I will even use this. But to get the same thing not far apart kind of upset me.  Otherwise this is a nice product.



Next up is the Faith aromatherapy anti-oxidant body lotion in the scent citrus/ginger.  This lotion is horrible!  It's one of those cheap lotions that when you rub it in it feels like water. The scent isn't bad but it's a bit strong. The bottle is cheap plastic and reminds me of the lotion you would get in a hotel bathroom. I'm not a fan!


This product intrigued me! It is the Tints & Sass lip & cheek stain by Elizabeth Mott. I have never tried Benetint by Bennefit but I thought this would probably be similar.  I tried it both as a lip and a cheek stain.  The lip color was gone after about an hour. I was eating and drinking but with a product called a STAIN I would expect it to last through eating and drinking.  The cheek color is still going strong at about 3 hours. So I'm happy with that.  The color is called cherry and is a very cherry red color so using it on my cheeks was a bit tricky.  But it blended well and I'm curious to use it of a morning and see how long it lasts through the day. 


I always love trying new nail polish and I was excited by this Models Own nail color in Red Sea. First, the smell of this polish is VERY strong.  It reminds me of nail polish remover. It is very strong & offensive. Second, the color is so shear that I can't imagine actually get a good full coverage color of this on my nails.  It also has some glitter flecks in it that might be pretty but I can't get any to come out.  I'm thinking I may paint my nails a red color or another light color and then using this as a top coat and seeing how that goes. But otherwise I don't think I'll be using this on its on. 



Last and least is the bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB advanced performance cream eyeshadow.  This is a very small sample of a liquid style eyeshadow. The color is a very dark brown taupe. It blends out pretty easily and I think that it will be pretty on my eyes. I'm excited to see how this lasts throughout the day. I have a feeling it will crease and fade but we will test it out and see.

Well other than this being a slight disappointment I'm hopeful that next month will be better!

Do you guys like these posts? Is there a different subscription I should try?

Love, Lacey




No comments:

Post a Comment