Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Weekly Training Round Up 05/04/15

Here is my what I did this past week.  I try to plan out my workouts and runs on Sunday before the week but as you all know some times life gets in the way.  This is the 3rd week I have been training and I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself!


I spent my Monday miles with these 2 yetis! We did 4 miles. 2 nice and easy and 2 progressive! 


I came out of the pool on Tuesday to see this?!


I actually thought "Oh no I'm going to get wet!"  How crazy.  I just spent an hour in the pool but I was worried about getting rained on?  Oh well.  When I got home my hair was crazy!


Speed work Wednesday! I did what I call ladders.  I did a .25 warm up then did a 2 minute run and a 1 minute walk.  I went from 6.0 - 7.0 going up .2 each time. The sprinted 1:30 min at 7.5 & 8. Then back down 1 min run and 1 min walk. And then a .25 cool down.  Felt SO good!


Then on Saturday K and I had a race!  It was a 4 mile run for Breast Cancer Awareness! If you don't know this is a cause near and dear to my heart.  I ran for 4 different people who have fought this monster. I decided to do progressive miles again just to try to slow myself in the beginning.  I ended up finishing 42:01 and coming in 10th out of 16 in my age.  I'm really happy with this race.  I pushed hard and even kicked hard to the finish! Love this race and can't wait to run it again next year!

I missed my workout on Thursday because it just was a crazy busy day and then I thought I'll do it on Friday but guess what?!  Life didn't slow down.  Both days I got up at 6am and didn't sit down until 4pm. At first I was upset that I missed a workout but then I realized that I wasn't just sitting around I was very busy! So I don't feel bad about it and this week is a new week!  Can't wait to share my training with you each week!

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment