Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Out of my zone

The other day I signed up for a race that is outside of my comfort zone!!  I'm usually a road race 5k or 10k type of girl.  I like the weather to be nice so some time between May or June to Sept or Oct.  But earlier this year I did a trail run that I really liked!  Go read about it here! Kellie has talked to me about running The Huff for a few years. It's actually an utlra trail run that you can choose to do one loop (10 miles), the whole thing (30 miles), or a 3 man relay (which I still think would be fun!).



So I did it!  I signed up for the 10 miler.  Just to give you a taste of what I could be in for, here is the link to the registration site with some pictures.  And HERE is a video from a few years ago (including the above picture).  Oh and did I mention this race is on Dec 20?  And is in Northern Indiana?  If you don't know anything about Northern Indiana, you should know that it snows and is COLD!!!! (see the below picture!)


I have no idea why I'm doing this race other than it's supposed to be really fun and a good experience. I guess you never grow if you don't step out of your comfort zone right?! Look our Huff 2014 here I come!!

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment