Friday, March 13, 2015

Random Ramble

I have been feeling so uninspired lately to write.  I feel like I used to have so much to say and some pretty pressing things but lately life has just been flying by.  Between the kids in school, trying to keep up with the endless laundry, dishes, & house cleaning, serving at church, & trying to get in shape it seems like I never have time to really just think.  So I thought I would just post some fun random pictures.  And see what comes out of my mind! Oh dear!


The other day I posted about going to a local coffee shop in an old house.  I said to Mr. J, HEY! Take my picture.  So this was my best pose and he said "Are you going to blog that?"  Or actually he says B-(like the letter) then log.  He thinks he's so funny!  



This was my best "artsy" picture from the coffee shop.  They had couches and different tables and chairs.  But for some reason this old radio with the cute plant and old style folding chair spoke to me.  And look at those floors!!  Seriously!!  They were AMAZING!!  I kind of want to go back just to take pictures of the woodwork and flooring.  I can't even explain how gorgeous this house was. Old radios like this make me wonder who had it in their house? What programs did they listen to? Was it a family and they gathered around it each night to listen to the news? Did the kids sit down after school and listen to their favorite program, ala "A Christmas Story" and little orphan Annie? And those AMAZING floors, who has walked on those floors?  How many babies took their first steps there? Did anyone get married there? What's the story?



So let's talk about the elephant in the room for a min. My messy house.  It's not the end of the world, it's not hoarders status but like I said, some times you just don't have time to pick up before you take a quick OOTD (outfit of the day) picture before running out the door to dinner! But other than that!  Here is my OOTD from my birthday dinner.  The shoes are from JLo (Khols) and are at least 9 years old! The jeans are Vera Wang (Khols) they are the skinny style.  The top is Apt 9 (Khols) I just got this so if you are looking for a cute silky blouse go now!  The necklace is from ebay and the clutch is by Candies and I found it at a thrift store for a few bucks!  I loved this outfit.  I felt sophisticated and sexy all in one.  I always say my style icons are Jackie Kennedy Onassis & Audrey Hepburn.  I think I channeled a little of each in this one. 



After my birthday dinner Mr. J and I hit up a local bar.  It was nothing fancy, in fact we were probably over dressed but the music between the band sets was good, good drink specials, & so much people watching.  I love people watching.  I love to try to figure out the relationships between people and just generally watch.  I come by this honestly.  My grandmother used to love for us to go to the mall so she could sit and people watch.  My mom and I people watch all the time. One of my best friends is a people watcher too.  We love talking about the people around us and what we think their story is.  I'm not sure we ever get it right but it's fun. 



And lastly I got a birthday card from my daddy.  My mom had sent one to me in the mail but my dad felt like he needed to send his baby girl a special one I guess.  I do book work for my dad's business. I'm the only employee but shh don't tell anyone.  I kind of like being employee of the year! Although the Christmas parties aren't very big. I'm so thankful I can help my dad out, work from home, and have a little extra play money. Plus seeing the words "Love, Dad" never gets old.

Love, Lacey


No comments:

Post a Comment